Click above for many more images from the show and the making of all the costumes

Come over and visit our Wonderful Wizard Workshop at the Wizard of Oz's Creative Director, Coty Farquhar's blog - Just Click Above We also have a huge following from the USA via all of Coty's readers

SHYAC - Art by Youth for Youth.

SHYAC - Art by Youth for Youth.
Scenes from SHYAC's production of Bugsy Malone 2006, Mittagong Playhouse

SHYAC's production of Footloose 2005, Mittagong Playhouse

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello!!!

Well guys, I must say, I can't believe how quickly time has passed over the last few months...but even more unbelievable is how soon we're going to be performing! I don't know about the rest of you lovely Shyaccers, but I think it's really exciting. Everyone is working so hard, on stage and off - this is going to be an AMAZING production. I'll be sad when it's over...I think it goes without saying how much of an incredibly and fun experience this has been so far! And I'm loving how friendly, supportive and, well, tight, the cast is. It's so good working with you guys. I've made so many more good friends through this show. Shyac is my favourite.

I went to have a look at the SHYAC Headquarters today, and for those who haven't seen, you really should. Everything is looking so fantastic! The vibe over there is so exciting and enthusiastic, it's just buzzing with people down there, and they're all putting an incredible amount of time and effort into the work that they're doing there, and for the show. The costumes are AWESOME. I particularly like the poppies, and Glinda's dress is so beautiful! Go have a look. It's pretty great.

Well anyway. This has turned out to be alot longer than I first intended so I'll leave it here. See you all at rehearsals!
Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment






Thank you from Coty Farquhar - Creative Director Costumes and Set Design

Last years production of The Rocky Monster Show, 2008...........more photos below - keep scrolling down - a little scary - but so was the show.......... lots and lots of white makeup and lots and lots of fun



The history of SHYAC - Southern Highlands Youth Arts Coucil

This blog is under construction at present -more to come soon

Scenes from Footloose, 2005. Mittagong Playhouse

The musicians and production crew of SHYAC